Sometimes cooking can be long and boring process but not with this Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp recipe which is simple enough to be delightful experience and a tasty dish.
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp Recipe
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 38 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 16 oz large shrimp (about 16 to 20), peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut zest of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- spray can of vegetable or canola oil
- sweet chili sauce or duck sauce (for serving)
- Set up a dredging station with three shallow dishes. Place the flour in the first shallow dish and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Whisk the eggs in the second shallow dish.
- In the third shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, coconut, lime zest, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400F.
- Dredge each shrimp first in the flour, then dip it in the egg mixture, and finally press it into the breadcrumb-coconut mixture to coat all sides.
- Place the breaded shrimp on a plate and spray on all sides with vegetable oil.
- Air-fry the shrimp in two batches, being sure not to over-crowd the basket.
- Air-fry at 400F for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the shrimp is firm when you squeeze it gently. Repeat with the second batch of shrimp.
- Lower the temperature of the air fryer to 340F. Place the first batch of shrimp into the basket with the second batch already in the basket and air fry for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce, duck sauce or just eat them plain!
Photo by: jeffreyw