You have no dinner idea or a healthy meal that your family will love? Look no further… Airfried Salmon Patties is simple and easy to make dish, made in an Air Fryer which guarantees that the dish will be healthy and tasty.
Airfried Salmon Patties Recipe
- 3 large russet potatoes (about 14 oz total)
- 1 salmon portion (about 7 oz)
- A handful of frozen vegetables (parboiled and drained)
- Chopped parsley
- 2 sprinkles of dill (I used Masterfoods)
- A few dashes of black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg
- Breadcrumbs to coat (you can use packaged panko or blend 4 pieces bread)
- Olive oil spray
- Peel and chop potatoes into small pieces. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook potatoes for about 10 minutes or til tender. Remove water and return potatoes to the pot on low flame. Let the water evaporate (about 2-3 minutes), taking care not to burn the potatoes. Mash with a whisk and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Refrigerate til no longer hot.
- In the meantime, prepare your breadcrumbs if not using packaged panko. Blend 4 pieces til fine but not overly so. Refer to my picture. Set aside.
- Airfry the salmon. Preheat AF for 5 minutes at 180C, then grill salmon for 5 minutes. Flake with a fork and set aside.
- Remove mash potatoes from fridge and add parboiled vegetables, flaked salmon, chopped parsley, black pepper, dill and salt. Do a taste test since everything is already cooked, and adjust seasonings to your liking. Add the egg and combine everything together.
- With dry hands, shape into 6-8 patties or smaller balls. Coat with breadcrumbs, spray some oil (make sure the breadcrumbs get oil on them if not the color won’t be nice), and AF at 180C til golden (about 10-12 minutes). If using the grill pan, there is no need to line with aluminum foil like I did. If lining with foil, you need to flip halfway once the top is golden.
Total cost per patty: About $1
Photo by: Dee Kincke