The Air Fryer has taken all the spotlight from the other kitchen appliances because of its ability to cook super-low fat food without compromising on taste and with little to no oil. Let’s see how to use an Air Fryer.
How Does An Air Fryer Work
Are you wondering how an air fryer can cook without oil? The answer lies in the revolutionary Rapid Air Technology, which enables the air inside the air fryer to reach temperatures as high as 400 Fahrenheit. The high temperature ‘fries’ the food perfectly brown and with the crisp texture associated with oil frying. This means that you can have your fried chicken, fries or onion rings with up to 80% less fat than when cooked in a traditional fryer. The air fryer is very versatile and allows you to fry, bake, grill or roast any ingredients of your choice. It can cook several dishes at a time and at any time of the day, giving you a chance to live a healthier and less hectic life.
How To Use An Air Fryer
There are four different stages during the use of any air fryer:
- Preparation Of The Food
- Preparation Of The Air Fryer
- Cooking In The Air Fryer
- Cleaning The Air Fryer
1) Preparation Of The Food
- To prevent the food from sticking to the fryer basket, add bare minimum oil.
- Let space between the food to allow the hot air to pass through and cook from all sides. Use an aluminum foil paper as a separator.
- If you are using marinated or oily ingredients then pat them dry. This will avoid any splattering or excess smoke. Remove any oil / fat from the bottom of the fryer.
2) Preparation Of The Air Fryer
- Plug in the fryer and pre heat it for about 5 minutes.
- Ensure that your air fryer is hot enough.
- Place the food items inside and avoid overcrowding. Air must be able to circulate through all the sides of each food item to properly cook it.
- If you are cooking pre-made foods, you can change the initial oven temperature by 70 degrees and cut the cooking time in half.
3) Cooking In The Air Fryer
- While cooking small food items like chicken wings or fries, try to shake the fryer around a couple of times. Also try rotating the food items every five minutes to guarantee an all-rounded fry.
- If you are cooking high fat food, you will find that it releases fat in the base of the fryer. You would need to remove this fat after cooking.
4) Cleaning The Air Fryer
- After extracting the food from the fryer, you must clean it properly to ensure that the appliance is in the top shape.
- You must clean the basket and the pan after utilizing them. Many air fryers come with dish washer safe parts which makes your work easy.
- However, if you need to manually clean the parts then soak them in hot water and add dish washing soap. After 10 minutes, clean them with a sponge whilst under the sink.
- This will ensure that your fryer does not have any food particles clogged in it and your food’s smell is not trapped in it.
- For cleaning the outside and inside of the fryer, use a soft moist cloth and dish washer soap to spot clean the area.
The air fryer will totally change your perception about cooking. With its unquestionable quality and convenient operation, it is definitely going to be one of your favorite kitchen appliances.