Everyone loves eating right? Why don’t you try Pumpkin and Pork Empanadas for your afternoon snack! Just by using an Air-Dryer, you can bake this delicious empanada for your family!
Pumpkin and Pork Empanadas Recipe
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 10 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ onion , diced
- 1 red chili pepper , minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups pumpkin purée
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pack of 10 empanada discs , thawed
- Pre-heat a medium pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork and onions. Saute until the pork is browned and the onions are soft.
- Drain the oil from the pan and discard.
- Add the pumpkin purée, water, red chili pepper, cinnamon, thyme, salt and pepper to the pork mixture in the pan. Stir to combine everything and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the empanada discs on a flat surface and brush the edges with water. Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of the filling in the center of each disc.
- Fold the dough over the filling to form a half moon. Crimp the edges shut with the tip of a fork and brush both sides of the empanadas with olive oil.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 370ºF.
- Place the empanadas into the air fryer basket.
- Air-fry at 370ºF for 15 minutes, turning over after 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Photo by: Raytz A-D