For all the potato lovers out there, the perfect breakfast made in a healthy way with almost no oil this Twice Air-Fried Potatoes will arouse your taste buds.
Twice Air-Fried Potatoes
- 16 (1) ounce Russet/Idaho potato
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 strips bacon , chopped into ½-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1¼ tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 2⅓ tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
Rub the potato with the olive oil and place in the basket of the Air Fryer. Close the drawer, set the temperature to 400 degrees Farenheit, and the timer for 25 minutes. When the timer goes off, reset it for another 25 minutes and continue to cook the potato until it is fork tender. Remove from the Air Fryer and set aside to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- While the potato cooks, add the bacon to a small sauté pan over medium heat and cook until crispy and golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set the bacon aside.
- When the potato is cool enough to handle, slice it in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the potato pulp into a medium bowl leaving about a ¼-inch border of potato pulp next to the skin. Add the bacon and bacon fat to the potato pulp, ¼ cup of the cheddar cheese, 1½ teaspoons of the green onions, the heavy cream, butter, salt and pepper. Stir together using a whisk until smooth. Divide the potato pulp mixture between the two potato skins and smooth out the surface using a spoon. Divide the remaining cheddar cheese between the two potato halves and place them side by side in the basket of the Air Fryer and close the drawer. With the temperature still at 400 degrees Farenheit, set the timer to 20 minutes and cook the potatoes until the cheese has melted and the tops are golden brown.
- Once the timer goes off, remove the potato halves from the Air Fryer and sprinkle the remaining green onions on top. Serve hot.
Image: Flicker/Amy Ross